Count On Our Experts for Your Septic Inspection
If you're considering selling your home, most mortgage companies require that the septic system should be inspected prior to closing.Home buyers usually want the septic system inspected to know it’s adequate and working properly since a replacement septic system could cost thousands of dollars. You can count on Putnam Septic to inspect your septic system.
What Should You Look for in an Inspector?
In some locations, inspections for septic systems are not regulated by any governing authority, therefore anyone can claim to be a “septic inspector” and perform any kind of septic inspection.
When you're looking for an inspector, it's important that you hire a reputable, qualified, experienced, and knowledgeable inspector that does a thorough detailed inspection.
Find out what the inspection consists of. In our opinion, a “walk-over” inspection is not recommended because it’s usually not a thorough inspection.
Again, the purpose of an inspection should be to see if the septic system is functioning properly. You should ask who is doing the actual inspection of the septic and ask for their credentials.
Our Septic System Inspection Services
- Inspect the inside and integrity of the tank (the tank should be pumped out during inspection)
- Activate the pump and high water alarm (if applicable)
- Add water to all disposable fields and measure to make sure fields are taking on water sufficiently (i.e. roots, or blomat in field)
- Inspect ground surface of disposal fields
- Check inspection ports in drain fields
- Inspect for gray water discharge
- A written report after the inspection
Put Your Trust in Us for Your Septic Inspection
Putnam Septic is here for all your septic inspection needs. With 11 years in business, our qualified and knowledgeable inspectors can help you feel secure in your decision when purchasing a new home. Call us today to set up your septic inspection or for more information.
Have Your Septic Tank Cleaned Every 2-3 Years
Periodic pumping of your septic tank is far less costly than the repair or replacement of your entire system.
Putnam Septic recommends cleaning your septic tank at least every 2-3 years.